Cigarette sparks early morning house fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

BREAKING NEWS

Cigarette sparks early morning house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Missouri Peace Corps volunteer being evacuated

    Missouri Peace Corps volunteer being evacuated

    Thursday, July 31 2014 5:37 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:37:06 GMT
    A Missouri man is among the hundreds of Peace Corps volunteers being evacuated from three West African nations affected by the worst recorded Ebola outbreak in history.
    A Missouri man is among the hundreds of Peace Corps volunteers being evacuated from three West African nations affected by the worst recorded Ebola outbreak in history.
  • Fancy Farm organizers want tamer crowd

    Fancy Farm organizers want tamer crowd

    Thursday, July 31 2014 5:29 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:29:06 GMT
    Organizers of the Fancy Farm picnic say they want to tone down the heckling that has come to define Kentucky's signature political event.
    Organizers of the Fancy Farm picnic say they want to tone down the heckling that has come to define Kentucky's signature political event.
  • Rauner says he'll be 'champion' for Ill. farmers

    Rauner says he'll be 'champion' for Ill. farmers

    Thursday, July 31 2014 5:26 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:26:18 GMT
    Republican candidate for governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) says a coalition of supporters from Illinois' agricultural community is backing his bid to unseat Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn.
    Republican candidate for governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) says a coalition of supporters from Illinois' agricultural community is backing his bid to unseat Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn.
TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

A cigarette is to blame for an early morning fire that destroyed a home on the northwest side of Tyler.

Just after 3:30 am, the son woke up to the smell of smoke in his bedroom in the 2300 block of N. Grand Avenue near Texas College. According to authorities, he had been smoking a cigarette before going to bed and put it in an ashtray by the bed which sparked some nearby blankets.

The Tyler Fire Marshal says the house is a complete loss. There were four people in the house at the time of the blaze, but all four were able to get out of the house unharmed.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.