If you're like me, you are ready for the 2012 General Election to be done and over with. It has definitely been a long election season. If you're a registered voter, make the time to go to the polls. It is not only your right, it is your responsibility to stand up and be counted.
According to a Pew Research Center study last year, only 11 percent of registered voters identify themselves as staunch conservatives while 16 percent describe themselves as solid liberals. That's 27% of the total registered voting population. Which leaves 73% of the rest of us caught in the in the middle. 73% of us trying to decide what we believe is important amidst all the angry partisan rhetoric.
Folks, we need to realize that this political polarization that we find so distasteful is a product of less than 3 out of every ten people you meet. With all the emotion and angry discourse emanating from the far left and right, trying to decide what to do in this election season is bound to be confusing. Let's face it, both political parties take creative license as they wage war on their opponents - sometimes taking a candidate's past statements out of context. That's why we ask that you do your homework. Find out where the candidates stand on issues that are important to you.
Each and every one of us still have time to learn about the candidates and issues that are important to us. We all have the responsibility to educate ourselves before we exercise our right to vote. Take that responsibility seriously.
This is just one of many viewpoints. If you'd like to comment we want to hear from you. Click here to e-mail your response on-line right now, or write us at the address below. Either way, be sure to include your name and hometown in case we use your comment on the air.