This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: Pierson Grant Public Relations
Last-minute shopping, holiday meal preparation, late-night entertaining and traveling make it difficult to stay chic throughout the busy season. Florida Career College offers six beauty tips to help refresh your look this holiday season.
LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. (PRWEB) December 07, 2012
Last-minute shopping, holiday meal preparation, late-night entertaining and traveling make it difficult to stay chic throughout the busy season. As special times call for special looks, you might find yourself in need of a holiday beauty regime to achieve festive hair and makeup.
“The holidays are a time to show off your sparkly new dress and radiate beauty from head to toe,” said Theresa Jacobs, Corporate Cosmetology Program Director at Florida Career College. “Beauty consumers should not stress, as there are quick and easy ways to fix yourself up and be the star of your holiday party.”
Florida Career College offers six beauty tips to help refresh your look this holiday season:
1. Flatter your skin tone with bold lips. Use red lip liner to define your lip shape before applying lipstick. For pale complexions, use a cherry or wine shade and for coral skin tones, use coral. Keep eye makeup to a minimum to make lip color stand out.
2. Liven up your appearance with festive eyes. For smoky eyes: Using a soft, chubby black or charcoal pencil, draw a thick line from the outer lashes inward and smudge. Dip a thin eye-shadow brush in gray shadow and dust it across lids then blend shadow up to the crease.
For metallic eyes: Apply copper, gold or silver eye-shadow in the inner corners of the eye for a sparkle, and a darker brown or pewter shadow at the edges. Then dust the color onto lids and along bottom lashes. Finish eyes with a dark mascara and pair with nude lips.
3. Create an all over gold glow. Mix liquid gold shimmer into your foundation, and add glitter mascara for fun.
4. Pull your hair into an elegant chignon bun. Side-part hair and place a low ponytail slightly off-center then braid hair loosely and tie ends with an elastic. Tuck the braid under, wrap it into a bun and pin at the nape of your neck. Embellish with hair accessories such as a feather, barrette, broach, vintage button or sequins at the side of your head.
5. Polish nails to complete the look. Apply a glittery, ultra-glam nail polish to your fingers and toes, or sprinkle loose glitter on a wet top coat.
6. Preserve your makeup all night long. Prep with foundation or primer before applying eye color; double up on products like mascara, liner or lipstick, and set eyebrows in place with brow gel.
The Cosmetology program is offered at Florida Career College in Lauderdale Lakes, Hialeah, Kendall, Boynton Beach and Jacksonville. Select campuses feature “The Spa at the College,” which is staffed with FCC students and offers services to the public including haircuts, coloring, extensions and styling; manicures and pedicures; and facial treatments. For more information, please call 1-888-852-7272 or visit http://www.careercollege.edu.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebFloridaCareerCollege/HolidayBeautyTips/prweb10207603.htm