Overloaded electrical circuit starts Ware house fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Overloaded electrical circuit starts Ware house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Water woes in Thebes

    Water woes in Thebes

    Thursday, April 24 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-24 23:59:33 GMT
    A water main break kept folks in Thebes from doing dishes, taking showers for over 24 hours and they were never told exactly when it was going to be turned back on.It started with a warning from the city.
    A water main break kept folks in Thebes from doing dishes, taking showers for over 24 hours and they were never told exactly when it was going to be turned back on.It started with a warning from the city.
  • Boil water order issued in Murphysboro

    Boil water order issued in Murphysboro

    Thursday, April 24 2014 7:37 PM EDT2014-04-24 23:37:19 GMT
    A boil water order has been issued for the 1900 block of Walnut in Murphysboro. This does not include Jack's Meat Market.
    A boil water order has been issued for the 1900 block of Walnut in Murphysboro. This does not include Jack's Meat Market.
  • I-Team: Would expanding Medicaid help the thousands in MO living without insurance

    I-Team: Would expanding Medicaid help the thousands in Mo. living without insurance?

    I-Team: Would expanding Medicaid help the thousands in Mo. living without insurance?

    Thursday, April 24 2014 7:36 PM EDT2014-04-24 23:36:12 GMT
    About half of the states have made the decision to expand Medicaid. Missouri lawmakers are currently debating the matter in Jefferson City. How will what legislators decide impact the state, and those currently living without health insurance?
    About half of the states have made the decision to expand Medicaid. Missouri lawmakers are currently debating the matter in Jefferson City. How will what legislators decide impact the state, and those currently living without health insurance?
WARE, MA (WSHM) -

Firefighters say an overloaded circuit breaker started a fire in the attic of a home on East Street in Ware Friday night.

Ware firefighters were able to contain the flames to the attic. The fire caused around $20,000 in damage. 

The family of five that lives in the home will not be able to stay there tonight and are getting help from the American Red Cross.

There is water damage in the home but it is not a total loss.

Firefighters say this type of electrical fire should be a lesson to all.

"We're all trying to stay warm in this frigid weather but we got to make sure we doing it safely and that includes wood stoves, pellet stoves, and that we're keeping a 3 foot radius around it with non combustibles," said Chief Thomas Coulombe.

The Red Cross is also helping firefighters with snacks, coffee and water.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.