A man and his child are treated for burns after house fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

A man and his child are treated for burns after house fire early Tuesday

Posted: Updated:

A man and his 10-year-old child are in Bay State Medical Center being treated for burns after a house fire early Tuesday morning.

According to Fire Chief William Flaherty, firefighters arrived to heavy smoke coming from the first floor of a house on Garden Street.  A second man was also in the house.  All three victims were out of the home when they arrived. 

The child is said to have burns on his ears, while the father is being treated for burns on his mouth and back.

Firefighters say an unextinguished cigarette may have caused the fire as it may have been knocked onto the upholstered chair by the family cat.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.



Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.