One dead after fire at Granville garage - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

One dead after fire at Granville garage

Posted: Updated:
GRANVILLE, MA (WSHM) -

One person has died in a fire Friday morning at a Granville business.

State police tell CBS 3 the fire broke out at Hansen's Auto Repair on Silver Street just before 9:00 a.m. Friday. State police say a homeless couple had been staying in a van on the property. A woman was able to escape the fire, but a yet-unidentified man died in the fire.

Fire investigators believe a portable propane heater/stove may have ignited bedding.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.