2 dead in Springfield after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

2 dead in Springfield after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Healthy looking teens may still have anorexia

    Healthy looking teens may still have anorexia

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 8:14 PM EDT2014-08-28 00:14:08 GMT
    You've seen the images of what people typically look like who have anorexia, but a new study said the number of teens who have an eating disorder but look healthy has drastically increased in recent years.
    You've seen the images of what people typically look like who have anorexia, but a new study said the number of teens who have an eating disorder but look healthy has drastically increased in recent years.
  • SIUC to spend $30 million on maintenance

    SIUC to spend $30 million on maintenance

    Thursday, August 28 2014 12:05 AM EDT2014-08-28 04:05:38 GMT
    A photo of what the LED lamps will look like. (Source: Giacomo Luca, KFVS)A photo of what the LED lamps will look like. (Source: Giacomo Luca, KFVS)
    Southern Illinois University Carbondale has began work on a $30 million deferred maintenance project that will include improvements to SIU campus.
    Southern Illinois University Carbondale has began work on a $30 million deferred maintenance project that will include improvements to SIU campus.
  • Tattoos encouraged at one Heartland church

    Tattoos encouraged at one Heartland church

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 11:13 PM EDT2014-08-28 03:13:12 GMT
    The Exchange Community likes to call itself “a church for people who don't like church.”
    The Exchange Community likes to call itself “a church for people who don't like church.”
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

Two men are dead, and one woman is in the hospital, from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that crews were called to 6 Corcoran Blvd. at 7:15 p.m.  for reports of a gas leak.

Leger said when they arrived, two men were down on the ground in front of the house.

One was dead on arrival.

The other was taken to Baystate Medical Center, but was later pronounced dead.

Leger said it appears a gas generator was running inside the house.

The gas levels recorded by the department's meter were so high, they were literally off the chart.

Leger added that CO detectors were functioning in the house.

The Springfield Police Department is now handling the scene.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.