Assistant living facility fire scare in Doniphan - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Assistant living facility fire scare in Doniphan

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Bill Tennison) (Source: Bill Tennison)
(Source: Bill Tennison) (Source: Bill Tennison)
(Source: Bill Tennison) (Source: Bill Tennison)
(Source: Bill Tennison) (Source: Bill Tennison)
DONIPHAN, MO (KFVS) -

According to employees with the Walnut Street Assisted Facility in Doniphan, a fire started Sunday morning around 6:30 a.m. in one of the dryers there after it wouldn't turn off.

Employees say some towels caught in fire and caused smoke to appear.

All 18-residents and staff were evacuated. Fire fighters arrived and got the dryer out of the building.

Employees say there was minimal damage to the facility and all residents and staff were unharmed.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.