Student burned by school lunch - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Student burned by school lunch

Posted: Updated:

A Philadelphia first-grader is recovering after being burned by, of all things, his school lunch.  And now his parents are looking for answers surrounding the incident.

7-year-old Ja-Kaye Robinson was attempting to open the turkey meat served to him to put on his nachos lunch on Friday. 

According to WTFX, while attempting to open the package, Robinson was sprayed with the hot meal on his face, causing second degree burns, according to doctor's at the Einstein Hospital emergency room, where Robinson was treated.

Robinson's parents are looking for several answers from the school, including why the young boy was served such hot meal and where the school nurse was.

School officials said Robinson was brought to the principal's office to be treated after the incident. 

According to Robinson's parents, the school nurse is only at the school once a week and was not on duty that day.

School officials said they are still looking into the temperature of the food being served to the children.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.