Fire sparked by pre-lit Christmas tree destroys volunteer firefi - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Fire sparked by pre-lit Christmas tree destroys volunteer firefighter's home

Posted: Updated:
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Healthy looking teens may still have anorexia

    Healthy looking teens may still have anorexia

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 8:14 PM EDT2014-08-28 00:14:08 GMT
    You've seen the images of what people typically look like who have anorexia, but a new study said the number of teens who have an eating disorder but look healthy has drastically increased in recent years.
    You've seen the images of what people typically look like who have anorexia, but a new study said the number of teens who have an eating disorder but look healthy has drastically increased in recent years.
  • Storm hits Ferguson, other parts of St. Louis area

    Storm hits Ferguson, other parts of St. Louis area

    Thursday, August 28 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-08-28 15:34:30 GMT
    The St. Louis region is cleaning up for a thunderstorm that caused widespread damage, including to parts of Ferguson, the town still hurting in the wake of the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown.
    The St. Louis region is cleaning up for a thunderstorm that caused widespread damage, including to parts of Ferguson, the town still hurting in the wake of the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown.
  • Leadwood, MO police chief dies

    Leadwood, MO police chief dies

    Thursday, August 28 2014 11:20 AM EDT2014-08-28 15:20:46 GMT
    Mayor Dennis Parks confirms that Leadwood, Missouri Police Chief Dale Newman died Wednesday night of an apparent heart attack.
    Mayor Dennis Parks confirms that Leadwood, Missouri Police Chief Dale Newman died Wednesday night of an apparent heart attack.
OZARK, IL (KFVS) -

A volunteer firefighter's house is a complete loss after a pre-lit Christmas tree caught fire.

Multiple crews responded to a fire in Ozark, Illinois in Johnson County.

The home is at 1000 Thunderhawk Road.

A pre-lit Christmas tree was plugged in. That plug caught fire and caught the rest of the home on fire, according to New Burnside Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bill Dalton.

The home is a complete loss.

Everyone made it out of the house.

The Red Cross responded to help the family.

Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.