Alto Pass fire called 'total loss' - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Alto Pass fire called 'total loss'

Posted: Updated:
One person was taken to the hospital (Source: Allison Twaits). One person was taken to the hospital (Source: Allison Twaits).
ALTO PASS, IL (KFVS) -

A house fire in Alto Pass, Illinois Wednesday sent one to the hospital.

It happened at 3760 Milligan Road around 10 a.m.

Cobden Fire Chief Larry Quertermous said the fire originated in a fireplace flue. It took crews from four departments five hours to contain the flames.

Quertermous said the homeowner did return to the scene and no other injuries were reported.

The house is a total loss.

Copyright 2014 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.