Cooking fire destroys Jeffersonville home - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Cooking fire destroys Jeffersonville home

Posted: Updated:
The remains of the burned out home. The remains of the burned out home.
The attached garage where the fire started. The attached garage where the fire started.
The burned-out SUV The burned-out SUV
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Does It Work: Hot Huez Hair Chalk

    Does It Work: Hot Huez Hair Chalk

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 8:00 AM EDT2014-07-23 12:00:47 GMT
    If you're looking for a fun way to heat up your hair style this summer, Hot Huez Temporary Hair Chalk might be a good buy.
    If you're looking for a fun way to heat up your hair style this summer, Hot Huez Temporary Hair Chalk might be a good buy.
  • Crews fight fire, close streets in Murray

    Crews fight fire, close streets in Murray

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:40 AM EDT2014-07-23 11:40:12 GMT
    Crews are currently fighting a fire at a building on the Murray court square.



    Crews are currently fighting a fire at a building on the Murray court square.



  • Firefighters move in to Carbondale Station #2 in spite of AG accessibility complaint

    Firefighters move in to Carbondale Station #2 in spite of AG accessibility complaint

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 6:41 AM EDT2014-07-23 10:41:25 GMT
    Firefighters are all settled into their new home away from home inside Carbondale’s Fire Station Two, but the Illinois Attorney General’s office says construction on the building isn't done yet. The Attorney General sent the City of Carbondale a letter stating the new fire station had to be entirely handicapped accessible. City Manager Kevin Baity says while public areas of the building were built to be 100 percent accessible, firefighter living quarters were considered private and were not b...
    Firefighters are all settled into their new home away from home inside Carbondale’s Fire Station Two, but the Illinois Attorney General’s office says construction on the building isn't done yet. The Attorney General sent the City of Carbondale a letter stating the new fire station had to be entirely handicapped accessible. City Manager Kevin Baity says while public areas of the building were built to be 100 percent accessible, firefighter living quarters were considered private and were not b...

JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) - A family lost everything in a fire and investigators believe a meat smoker is to blame.

The Jeffersonville fire marshal said crews were called to a home on Timberlake Court in the Crystal Springs subdivision around 8:30 p.m. February 2.

The family was outside the home when firefighters arrived and no one was hurt. However, the fire did a lot of damage to the home and destroyed the family's SUV.

Crews think the meat smoker, which had been placed inside the garage, caught fire and quickly spread to the home.

The Greater Clark County Schools has started a clothing collection drive for the family. To learn what is needed and how you can donate, click here.

Copyright 2014 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.