ST. LOUIS (AP) - An autopsy of a 22-month-old Jefferson County boy who died in October shows he overdosed on morphine.
KMOV-TV (bit.ly/1htLAiJ ) reports that Carson Swyres was found unresponsive in his mother's House Springs home. The county medical examiner determined that Carson died of morphine intoxication and also had methamphetamine, opiates and other drugs in his system.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says the child's death remains under investigation.
Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.