CHICAGO (AP) - A post-trial hearing is scheduled for NATO summit protesters acquitted earlier this month of Illinois terrorism charges but convicted of lesser offenses, including arson.
The three out-of-state activists are due in court Friday for the first time since their trial ended.
They were accused of plotting Molotov cocktail attacks on several high-profile targets during the 2012 summit in Chicago. Jurors rejected the most serious allegations that accused them of terrorism under state statutes.
A spokeswoman for the Cook County Sheriff's Department says the judge will deal with post-trial motions but will not sentence the three on Friday. She says a sentencing date is likely to be set for April.
In all, the activists could go to prison for up to 30 years under state sentencing guidelines, though they'll likely receive far less. One possibility for the protesters is that a judge releases them on time served.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.