Woman hospitalized in Madison house fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Woman hospitalized in Madison house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • Heartland NewsMore>>

  • Veteran to walk the length of Illinois to raise awareness

    Veteran to walk the length of Illinois to raise awareness

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:46 PM EDT2014-07-23 23:46:30 GMT
    The distance from Cairo, Illinois to the Wisconsin border is 435 miles. Will Trow will walk every mile.
    The distance from Cairo, Illinois to the Wisconsin border is 435 miles. Will Trow will walk every mile.
  • Debate about whether “Right to Farm” is right for Missouri

    Debate about whether “Right to Farm” is right for Missouri

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:45 PM EDT2014-07-23 23:45:00 GMT
    It’s a heavily debated issue that will come to a vote on the August ballot. It’s called "Right to Farm" or Amendment 1.Many farmers say it would protect them from too much government regulation, but other locals say it would keep the government from protecting the environment.
    It’s a heavily debated issue that will come to a vote on the August ballot. It’s called "Right to Farm" or Amendment 1.Many farmers say it would protect them from too much government regulation, but other locals say it would keep the government from protecting the environment.
  • Anna Fire Department to receive FEMA grant

    Anna Fire Department to receive FEMA grant

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:42 PM EDT2014-07-23 23:42:55 GMT
    The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has awarded $1,607,356 in grants to eight communities throughout Illinois.
    The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has awarded $1,607,356 in grants to eight communities throughout Illinois.
MADISON, TN (WSMV) -

A woman was sent to the hospital in Madison Saturday afternoon after a house fire.

The fire started a little after 2 p.m. at a home on Anderson Lane.

Nashville firefighters saw a lot of smoke when they arrived, and when they got inside they quickly found the cause. An appliance sparked the fire, spreading flames around the kitchen.

A woman in the home suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns in the blaze. Fire officials say the house is salvageable, but not livable.

The Red Cross is helping the family.  

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.