Bossier City house fire sparked by unattended pan of cooking oil - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Bossier City house fire sparked by unattended pan of cooking oil, police say

Posted: Updated:
BOSSIER CITY, LA (KSLA) -

A fire that left a Bossier City home with major damage Wednesday night was started accidentally.

No one was injured in the blaze, which began when a pan of cooking oil left heating unattended on a kitchen stove ignited, police said.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 1000 block of Clarence Street around 8:30 p.m. and arrived within 3 minutes to find the house fully engulfed.  

A family of 4 is said to live there, but no one was home at the time. 

Firefighters went in and attacked the flames, and the blaze was brought under control in about 20 minutes, according to Bossier City spokesperson Mark Natale.

There is no word yet one the cause, but firefighters on the scene believe it started in the back of the house.

Copyright 2014 KSLA. All rights reserved. 

 

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.