Overdose, not fire, caused death of Illinois man - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Overdose, not fire, caused death of Illinois man

Posted: Updated:

WORDEN, Ill. (AP) - A coroner says a southern Illinois man whose body was found late last year after a fire in his apartment died accidentally from an overdose of prescribed medication.

Madison County Coroner Steve Nonn says toxicology tests detected no alcohol or illegal drugs in 45-year-old Robert Blotevogel's system. The man was found dead Dec. 26 in his home in Worden.

The coroner says Blotevogel had various medical issues, used a wheelchair and was a smoker.

Nonn says it appears the man died before the fire.

Worden is a roughly 1,000-resident village about 30 miles northeast of St. Louis.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.