3-year-old central Illinois boy electrocuted - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

3-year-old central Illinois boy electrocuted

Posted: Updated:
A 3-year-old has been accidently electrocuted (Source: MGN). A 3-year-old has been accidently electrocuted (Source: MGN).

AMBOY, Ill. (AP) - The Lee County Sheriff says a 3-year-old boy was accidentally electrocuted in the small town of Amboy.

Lee County Sheriff John Varga says Landyn Gerald Keener was pronounced dead Monday morning. The sheriff says the boy was leaving a trailer on his parents' property when the accident happened.

Varga tells The Telegraph in Dixon (http://bit.ly/1mTOouU ) that it appears the outside of the trailer became electrified because of faulty wiring.

Amboy is about 50 miles southwest of Rockford.

Information from: Dixon Telegraph, http://www.saukvalley.com

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

310 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

FCC Public File
publicfile@kfvs12.com
573-335-1212
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFVS12. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.